ILM Endorsed Commissioning and Procurement Certificate
Incorporating the ILM level 5 certificate in Service Improvement
This programme covers all aspects of commissioning and procurement in all public sector environments. Customised versions are available for Health & Local Government.
Designed to give commissioners a grounding in best practice for supply chain management in the public sector. It covers the whole process of service assessment and design through co-production with stakeholders and moves on to cover market shaping and development.
The last two modules are concerned with the legal restrictions and freedoms available within the EU procurement rules and the management of contractors in using a partnership approaches.
This course is delivered by Highly interactive workshops or by Distance Learning Webinars. All sessions are supported by pre course material.
We also can provide this course in a mixed approach, for more information about this please contact us.
During this courses the learner will take part in 4 sessions either Attended or Distance Learning. These will take place between 3 and 4 weeks apart to allow for learners to complete course material.
Commissioning and Procurement Programme Content
- Gap analysis
- Research techniques and stakeholder analysis
- Transaction costs/triaging work/web options
- Applying DMAIC & DMADVA
- Using Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen
- Service optimisation using the 7 Wastes and 5 Why’s
- Innovation using Blue Ocean Strategy
- Supplier engagement
- Market position statements
- Soft market testing
- Supplier relationship development
- Mapping the market – Porter’s 5 Forces
- Suppliers pricing approaches
- Cost benefit analysis/Social Value Act
- Social return on investment/Social Impact Bonds
- Outcome based contracts and payment by results
- Process mapping/Rich pictures/CTQ Trees/Decision matrices
- PIN, EOI, PQQ’s, ITT’s
- The Tender process
- How do contracts work? What must they contain?
- How can they be changed/reviewed/extended or terminated?
- Award and contractor briefings
- Stakeholder involvement and feedback
- Contract and relationship management
- Succession planning and processes
- The art of negotiation
- Contract review
- Cost management
- Feedback and changes
- Case studies