What is the apprenticeship levy?
The apprenticeship levy is a new scheme that has been introduced by the government to change the way apprenticeships are funded from April 2017.
It gives employers the opportunity to up skill new and existing employees through government-funded programmes.
How does the apprenticeship levy affect me?
If your organisation has a payroll of over £3 million you will have to make a contribution towards your apprenticeships of 0.5% of your annual paybill.
The government will contribute £15,000.00 towards some organisations’ allowance every tax year, which will be deducted from the amount you would have to contribute. For example, charities, schools, local authorities etc. See if you are eligible here.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
For 2017 Cherith Simmons are offering Level 3 and Level 5 Management apprenticeships.
Management apprenticeships are an excellent way to utilise your levy payment as you can train your existing managers whilst giving them an internationally recognised qualification.
Who can do a management apprenticeship?
Apprentices must be in a management role.
Apprentices must not have a degree or qualification in the same subject as the apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
If apprentices do not have a GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English they will need to complete Level 2 functional skills.
What added value do we offer?
- FREE Learning Management System branded to your organisation
- FREE Client Services Manager to handle all administration
- FREE design and development meetings to match programme to needs
- FREE custom-made learning materials and guidance notes for your organisation
- FREE interview with potential apprentices to see if they’re ready
- FREE consultancy for employment contracts for apprentices
- FREE ready made contract provided
Arrange a call with one of our apprenticeship experts to discuss how we can help you make the most of the apprenticeship levy to train your managers