Who is it for?
The Level 5 Leadership and Management apprenticeship is intended for existing and aspiring middle managers with operational/departmental responsibilities. It is designed to develop practical leadership skills and knowledge.
How does the funding work?
Management apprenticeship are fully funded through a levy scheme operated by HMRC which deducts .5% of annual payroll above 3 million pounds. Employers can access this fund when they employ an approved Apprenticeship providers such as ourselves to deliver the programme.
Cherith Simmons can directly access the funding to pay for the apprentices’ training. Other schemes provide full funding for smaller organisation, which Cherith Simmons can access on your behalf.
Funding is currently worth £7000.00 per apprentice making the training effectively free for levy paying employers.
Non levy paying employers can access 95% of the funding. However levy payers can vire surplus levy funding to non-levy paying employers if they wish in order to make full use of their apprenticeship fund.
There are no age or length of service restrictions so apprenticeships can be used to upskill existing managers.
Who is the awarding body?
What certification will the apprentice get?
- Level 5 Operational Management Apprenticeship issued by IFATE (Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education)
- Optionally the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for which an accreditation fee will be payable.
- For apprentices working in the health sector additional accreditation may be available from AMSPAR
How is the apprenticeship programme delivered?
The programme can be delivered face to face or via live, tutor led Virtual Workshops using a mixture of pre-programme study, highly interactive sessions, and post-programme assessments to embed knowledge, skills, and professional behaviours.
Programmes can be run for a single organisation or for a group of managers from different organisations through our Open Access Apprenticeship Scheme.
For organisations looking to commission a programme we are able to provide a range of free items to help with your decisions to start an apprenticeship programme. This includes;
- Information and Q&A session – For prospective apprentices and their line managers
- Recruitment flyers
- Discussion documents and detailed proposals
- Programme Induction
- Safeguarding, Prevent & British values
- Learning to learn
- Writing skills for assignments, projects & reports
- Introduction to CPD Plan
- Introduction to Business Case & Plan
- Change management
- Leadership & team building
- Time management & delegation
- Customer service & quality management
- Finance & budget management
- Cost benefit analysis & making business decisions
- Employment law, equal opportunities & diversity
- Recruitment & selection
- Interpersonal skills (including assertiveness & emotional intelligence)
- Influencing & negotiating
- Communication skills
- Meeting skills
- Partnership & collaborative working
- Conflict management
- Operational & project management
- Data management
- Group tutorial on Writing the Business Plan
- Group tutorial on Final Review of CPD Plan
- Training, induction, coaching & mentoring
- Appraisal, objective setting & performance management
- Discipline, grievance & counselling
- Presentation skills